6 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Pick New Hardwood Flooring
Classic, elegant and long-lasting Hardwood flooring is always an upgrade and an undeniably wise choice if you’re looking to increase the value and appearance of your home. Hardwood goes well with almost every home design and layout and is now available in affordable and family-friendly textures. However, there are some important questions you should ask yourself and discuss with a San Diego flooring specialist before investing in new wood flooring.
1. In what room and on what story will a professional be installing the hardwood? You’re going to want the hardwood flooring in a second story bedroom to be different than your living room flooring. The different types of hardwood flooring available make it easy to match your specific needs for each room. The high-traffic area around your door or in your living room might lend way to hand-scratched vintage wood while you might want a warmer and more elegant floor in your bedroom.
2. Solid or engineered hardwood? This is largely dependent upon which type of subfloor you have. If you have concrete subflooring you will need engineered hardwood, whereas if you have plywood you can choose between either engineered or solid hardwood flooring. If you don’t know what kind of subfloor you have, the professionals at Unique Flooring in Oceanside, CA can find out for you during a free in-home consultation.
3. Factory finished or site finished? If you choose site finished flooring the possibilities are endless but come with added installation time, noise and dust. Site finished floors will be sealed, stained and shined in your home. This means that the installers will apply the unique finishing touches of your flooring based on your specific needs. A factory finished floor already has any stains and sealants on it before it’s installed. This allows for a quick and easy installation process free of excess noise and debris.
4. What is most important, appearance or durability? If you have children or a pet, then durability is something to consider when choosing which type of quality hardwood flooring you’ll want in your San Diego home. Natural oak or hand scraped floors with a low shine finish are great for large families with a lot of foot traffic. However, if elegance and aesthetics is what you’re after, perhaps the dark and rich Old World floors from Provenza Hardwood would suit your taste.
5. What can I afford? Hardwood flooring is available at several different price points, making it an affordable option for any family. However, if you decide that hardwood flooring is a little out of your price range, you can opt for hardwood laminate. This is a hardwood look-a-like made out of laminate flooring, making it a much cheaper option.
6. Who should install it? Make sure you consult with and hire a hardwood flooring specialist in San Diego before making your final decision. Come to the Unique Flooring showroom in Oceanside to look at samples and to speak with a knowledgeable representative or have us come to you by setting up a free in-home consultation.
Schedule your complimentary flooring consultation with Unique Flooring in Oceanside online at uniqueflooringsandiego.com or call us at 760.945.0010 today.