How to Make Your Own Carpet Cleaning Solution
There’s no need to expose your family to harmful chemicals and waste your hard earned money on commercial carpet cleaning solutions. Making your own cleaners allows you to control the ingredients used and gives you the ability to customize the solution to your liking. Below you will find the best homemade, all natural, DIY recipes for making your own San Diego carpet cleaning solution. They are all incredibly effective, cost pennies to make and will leave your carpet fresh and clean.
Simple Carpet Spot Remover:
- Make a paste out of equal parts white vinegar and baking soda
- Use a brush to rub the paste into the spot on the carpet
- Vacuum after paste has dried completely
- Re-apply if needed
Stubborn Carpet Stain Remover:
- Mix 1/4 cup each of: white vinegar, borax and salt into a paste
- Rub paste into stain
- Let dry then vacuum over the spot
Natural Carpet Cleaner Solution (for use in a carpet cleaner):
- Mix together 4 Tbsp. white vinegar, 1 Tbsp. clear colored dish detergent
- Add in a few drops of essential oils if desired
- Add 1.5 quarts of hot water
- Pour into machine and use as directed
Each of these formulas has been tested and approved by families with children and pets, helping to treat stains of all kinds on their carpets. Why turn to expensive products with harsh chemicals when these DIY solutions can be made from the comfort of home?
If you think your carpets are too far gone, contact the San Diego flooring experts at Unique Flooring. We have a wide selection of carpet flooring from major brands that are available at a variety of price points. With our help, you can find the ideal carpet for your home and can enjoy today’s newer stain fighting carpet fibers which eliminate time spent on clean up. For more information, head down to our showroom or call us at 760-945-0010.