5 Characteristics of a Reliable Hardwood Flooring Contractor
The addition of hardwood flooring can add elegance and style to your home. In addition to being the right product, it must be installed properly. Picking the wrong San Diego hardwood flooring contractor can have you waiting for results, or ending up with an expensive mess. Below are the 5 most important things to keep in mind in the hiring process.
- Licensed and Insured – You should not let any contractor work on your home that is not properly licensed or insured. It is a set-up for disaster. If they damage your home or get hurt you, could be left responsible for their work-related injuries. Properly licensed companies are also more likely to follow codes and safety standards.
- Experience and References – You do not need to look for a contractor that has been in the industry for countless years, but you do need someone who is familiar with their craft and can show their past work. If they are hesitant to offer you references, don’t be afraid to keep looking. A true craftsman is proud of their results and is willing to share.
- Timely – If they are late to an appointment to score the job then it may show a tendency to be late after hire. Also, make note of their timeliness in responding to your questions, whether you’ve contacted them by email or left a message on their work line. If they seem slow to respond, this trend may continue through the installation process.
- Open to Your Wants and Needs – If you feel pushed and prodded to go with materials you aren’t necessarily happy with then move on to another contractor. Their job should be including you in the selection process so that you get a desired result.
- Thoughtful to the Budget – Your budget is set at a limit that you are comfortable with. Contractors who look to increase the agreed upon budget may make the process more stressful to you, both financially and emotionally. Reliable contractors should be able to offer you a product that suits your needs within the budget and timeline that you desire.
Good communication and qualified talent should be at the top of the list when you are seeking the right hardwood flooring contractor. Don’t feel like you have to settle for less – this individual is going to be working on a long-term investment for your home and you want to be sure it is done right.
For more information about hardwood flooring options and reliable contractors in San Diego, visit our website at www.uniqueflooringsandiego.com or reach out to us today at 760-945-0010.