5 Cheap Living Room Design Tips
Whether you’re starting from a scratch or are simply looking to refresh what you already have, designing a living room on a budget can be an exciting but intimidating task to take on. Knowing where to start can sometimes be the hardest part.
The first thing you should ask yourself is: do I need or want new flooring? Purchasing new and affordable flooring on a budget in San Diego might be more do-able than you think. If you don’t want to pay for hardwood but still love the classic look of hardwood floors, you can choose a cheap (but durable and high quality) laminate look-a-like for a fraction of the price.
After you get your flooring installed or repaired by professionals, it is the perfect time to think about a slight living room redesign. Here are some expert tips on how style your living room like a pro while pinching pennies:
- Rearrange your furniture to allow for open and inviting space. Try a few different configurations and imagine hosting a dinner party and how that space would allow for intimate conversation. Don’t be afraid to pull furniture away from the walls.
- A fresh paint job and some new throw pillows can make a big difference. Pick a color scheme (no more than 3 colors) by pulling a hue from preexisting tapestries like you curtains. Paint your walls, or just one dominant wall, with some fresh paint and add contrasting throw pillows to the sofa for a fun splash of color.
- Add a graphic area rug for an instantly new feeling. Not only can a graphic rug pull out colors and designs that are already in your living room, but it also protects your new and affordable hardwood floors from scratches and stains.
- Pick one focal piece for décor. Do you want new dramatic lighting? Maybe a large painting? By picking one new statement piece you can keep your budget in check while also making sure that your design ideas don’t get too cluttered.
- Speaking of cluttered, it’s crucial to clean and organize every nook and cranny to give your living room a refreshed and new appearance. Since the living room is the gathering place in the home, pick another room for storing knick knacks, toys and filing cabinets. Don’t have extra space? Purchase a wooden chest or storage bench to hide these things in style.
With just a little extra money and time, you can transform the entire appearance of your living room, starting with beautiful new flooring. If you can’t wait to get started and would like to receive a free in-home flooring estimate today, call the San Diego Unique Flooring experts at 760-945-0010!