- Create a formal feel in a sitting room, bedroom or dining room
- Provide cushioning for active kids in bedrooms and playrooms
- Add a pop of color to a monochromatic design scheme
- Provide sound cushioning in homes with noisy floors
- Highlight the brand color of a business
At Unique Flooring San Diego, shopping for carpet is easy! As one of the most versatile flooring stores San Marcos, CA has to offer, we have the styles you need for any space you need to cover. Let us help you find the carpet that fits your needs. We pride ourselves on the best products, installation, and service. Our pros can schedule a time to measure your space and determine how much carpeting you'll need to purchase.
Once you decide on the carpet style you want, you can bring small carpet samples home to test them out in your space. Take a few days to see what looks best! If you're planning on repainting your walls, we recommend you do this at least one month before your new carpet is installed. Below are few tips when shopping for carpet.
- Decide what grade of carpeting you should buy. Carpet grade determines the overall durability of your flooring. We can show you a foot-traffic measuring tool to help you determine the grade of carpet you will need. Choosing carpet that can handle the wear and tear in your space is essential.
- Once you choose the right grade of carpet, you can browse for samples in a style and color that suit your personal style. There are a variety of carpet styles available. Decide what type of carpet you plan to buy before you visit a showroom or early in the shopping process. Pile is the term used for the fibers of yarn that make up a carpet.
- Made from closed loops of fiber, level loop carpeting is available in a wide variety of heights. It's great for hiding dirt and is excellent for high-traffic areas.
- Pattern carpeting combines high-cut tufts of fiber with low loops to create a unique pattern. This fabric adds visual appeal in spaces and is great for hiding traffic patterns too.
- Frieze carpets (twists) are made from twisted strands of yarn. They have a very contemporary look. They don't show vacuum marks or evidence of traffic the way other types of carpeting do.
- Made from dense groupings of yarn, plush carpets are highly cushioned and are equated with luxurious spaces.
- Featuring yarns that are twisted and bent to different heights, a textured pile is great for minimizing the evidence of foot traffic. The texture in these designs can also help conceal dirt.